Subject: Q: Headless Indy, How to go into PROM monitor
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Markus_B=F6ing?= <markus@boeing-online.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/10/2002 19:30:23
Ladies and Gents,

may I ask a very basic question regarding SGI Indy operation?

I recently acquired an Indy w/o monitor that I would like to use with
NetBSD as a lab server. My problem is that I am running the box headless
and I cannot get it into PROM mode. I can see the request to press ESC
during boot up but it seems that I cannot force the box into PROM from the
serial console. Any ideas how to do that? BTW I cannot access the box once
it booted up. It responds neither to serial console nor to telnet. Most
probably the operating system is screwed up badly.

TIA

Best regards,
/Markus.

+---