Subject: Re: New sgimips snapshot for INDY/Indigo 2, dated 20020409
To: Robert Boehne <rboehne@attbi.com>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/16/2002 00:32:08
> Scott,
>
> That was it.  I'm up and running over a serial console now. Thanks!
>
> So here is the next question, I had "media ethernet" in
> /etc/ifconfig.sq0
> but I kept getting a message about incorrect media, and no networking
> was enabled.  I changed it to "10BaseT" but the problem persisted.
> Since I already have a dhcp server set up, I turned on dhcpclient
> on the Indy inside of rc.conf.  after that, I get an infinitely
> repeating message:
> sq0: transmit underflow
> sq0: transmit underflow
>
> ... and at that point I have to reset.
> What documentation is available for the sq0 driver?

You shouldn't need any type of media setting for the sq driver.  Remove
the "media ethernet" completely.

A man page for sq(4) hasn't been written yet.  Looking at the driver code,
there isn't anything configurable for it--looks to be just a basic driver.
Rafal Boni wrote it, so if there's something really necessary to mention
about it having anything configurable he might chime in about it.

-scott