Subject: Re: bootstraping without dhcp
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Herve Quiroz <hquiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/04/2002 11:32:48
On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 04:09:59PM +0100, Herve Quiroz wrote:
> > Is there a way to bootstrap without using a DHCP server (that is using a
> > bootp/tftp server or anything else) ?
> >
> > I use a FreeBSD station for bootp/tftp and I have got "TFTP access
> > violation error" everytime. All of the howtos I've seen so far are based
> > upon DHCP so I was wondering if this is mandatory for NetBSD to be
> > installed on an Indy.
>

> No, I netboot my indy from NetBSD with bootp, not dhcp

And do you know of an existing howto I could use to succesfuly install
netbsd on my indy ? I am not used to indy (I recently decided to give it a
try since it has 160Mb of RAM and my old PC only has 64Mb and is so slow).
And as I am new to netboot also, it seems a bit complex right now ;)
But I'll sure manage to install it ;)

Herve