Subject: Re: elf2ecoff patches for sgimips
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/19/2002 22:07:31
On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 02:51:06PM -0500, Andrew Brown wrote:
> >> This patch didn't change the output (as expected) when run on the pmax.
> >> No objections from me then.
> >
> >OK, thanks for the feedback. I'll commit it.
> >
> >Did anyone attempt at making it cross-compile friendly yet ?
>
> i started.  sort of.  i don't even know why.  :)
>
> the problem, as i see it, is (a) it will only emit ECOFF_MAGIC_MIPSEL
> binaries, (b) it assumes that the input is a little endian binary, and
> (c) it assumes that the local machine is of the same endianness.

(a) and (b) should be fixed by my commit. I've successfully used it on
sgimips to make a netbootable kernel, and a boot code for disk.

(c) shouldn't be too hard to deal with. The main problem I see it to
fetch the <sys/exec_elf.h> and related includes from the target instead of
host.

> which says nothing of any 64 bit needs anyone might have.
>
> that said, i'll be poking at it here and there, but i can't promise
> anything concrete rsn.

OK, thanks ! I'll tell you if I can get at this.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>