Subject: Re: Machines I have to port on
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/18/2002 15:14:47
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 01:28:17PM -0600, sgimips NetBSD list wrote:
> Well, here is what I did:
>
> ./build.sh -T -D /home/tmp/tools-sgimips -t -m sgimips
>
> compile a kernel using /home/tmp/tools-sgimips/nbmake-sgimips
> apply the patch I posted yesterday to src/usr.bin/elf2ecoff
> compile elf2ecoff using /home/tmp/tools-sgimips/nbmake-sgimips (it's not
> a cross-tool yet).
> netboot using kernels from ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sgimips
> use the new elf2ecoff to convert your new elf kernel to ecoff:
> elf2ecoff netbsd.new netbsd.ecoff
> netboot again using new ecoff kernel.
>
> Of course if you already have a sgimips machine running you can save some
> steps :)

Thanks, Manuel,

The patch to elf2ecoff was perfect.  I have the ecoff machine booted now.
Only problem is, I'm getting TLB misses while sysinst is running pax
to install to disk.  More L2 cache fun, no doubt.

Nonetheless, I've got what I need now.  Hopefully I'll have a distribution
that'll cover the R4000, R4400, R4600 and R5K--elf and ecoff--in about a
week.

Thanks again,
-scott