Subject: Install on Indy
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Moshe Y Katz-Hyman <moshe@astro.ocis.temple.edu>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/25/2002 17:02:58
OK, this might seems like a silly question, but I'm having troubles
installing NetBSD onto my INDY.

I've used the lastest snapshot from ftp.mrynet.com (20020209), but I'm
having some troubles.

The bootloader is working after setting the PROM variables, but how do I
get NetBSD to boot into a "full" screen, not just a little "window" over
the bluish background.

Also whenever I hit certain keys (esc, arrow keys, F-keys) the kernel
reboots!

Finally (this is probably the silliest question) once I get this stuff
working, can I compile X?  I've heard that X 4.2.0 has a newport driver.
(also, what is the correct netbsd-ish way of doing this)  Thanks.

Moshe Katz-Hyman        |  Larry King: "What, Professor, puzzles you the
moshe@temple.edu        |              most? What do you think about the
Department of Physics   |              most?"
Temple University       |  Stephen Hawking: "Women."  -- LKL-W 12/25/99