Subject: Re: INDY floppy
To: Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor <staylor@mrynet.com>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/28/2001 03:19:36
On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 08:09:49PM -0600, Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor wrote:
> does anyone else on this planet have an INDY with a floppy drive?
> I can't tell if kernel support is poor, or if I have a bad floppy
> drive.  I can't seem to read or write the floppy at all.  It does
> probe though:
>
> sd1 at scsibus0 target 2 lun 0: <INSITE, I325VM        *F, 0387> SCSI1 0/direct removable
> sd1: drive offline
> sd1: async, 8-bit transfers
>
> If someone DOES have one, perhaps they could let me know what the
> part number of the drive is.  Mine is #9490811.

I have the same type, firmware revision and all. Reading from it as
well as software eject works fine (sadly my drive suffers from the
mechanical problem with the eject mechanism that seems to afflict
most of these drives with time, so I have to use the manual override
or the drive will jam after a handful of ejects).

Writing, however, will require that we change a mode page bit to
enable it. This should probably be handled through a quirk entry
or something.

I can't easily check the part number now.

--
Soren