Subject: Bootable sgimips CDrom for NetBSD success
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/10/2001 18:32:54
Hi,
I've succeeded in creating a recipe for a bootable CDrom image
for NetBSD/sgimips.  I'm working on an image that will help
kickstart installations for those who prefer this over a
netboot/NFS installation.  Is there immediate interest in such
effort now, or shall I develop this off-list?

So far, I've created a 100mb bootable miniroot filesystem
(no /usr) and am going to populate it with the RELEASE .tgz's
necessary to fully install.  I've never worked on development
of a NetBSD installation system, so all recommendations would
be appreciated.

I have found a few glitches in the kernel while going through
this process, namely incorrect bdev and cdev numbers for the
vnd device, a SCSI initialisation problem on reboots, and an
obscure hang with some kind of cache error.  I'll post specifics
on what I find later.  Should I send-pr such things instead?

Thanks,
-scott