Subject: Trouble crosscompiling kernel
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: None <xs@nitric.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/03/2001 17:23:12
Hello,

I have been trying to compile the sgimips kernel in -current (from
October 27ish) under a NetBSD/i386 1.5.2 userland. The faq mentions
config(8) needs to be from -current, but doesn't mention anything
else. So I got the config files from cvs and compiled them, then
placed them in /usr/pkg/cross/mipseb-netbsd/bin. Then I followed the
instructions in the faq.
When I come to make depend, this happens:

% export PATH=/usr/pkg/cross/mipseb-netbsd/bin:$PATH
% export MACHINE=sgimips MACHINE_ARCH=mipseb
% config INDY
Don't forget to run "make depend"
% cd ../compile/INDY
% make depend
depending the kern library objects
no ARCHSUBDIR for mipseb nor
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Is there anything I can do except upgrade to a (chrooted) -current
userland?

Thanks.