Subject: Re: Indy success
To: Ian Cooper <ian@WPI.EDU>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 10/30/2001 01:12:57
On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Ian Cooper wrote:
> The XFree86 4.x kit has a driver for the Newport graphics interface on
> the Indy.  I have tried it with linux and have had success.  Does
> XFree normally need patching for NetBSD?  Might it just work?

XFree works w/o patches on i386, I don't know for other ports.
The question is what hardware/kernel interface XFree expects on the
Indy/Linux. I don't know that, and finding it out would be a good first
step to get the server going on NetBSD (after writing support for that
layer ;-)

  - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html