Subject: News & Installation ideas
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Petri Tapio Koistinen <pkoistin@cs.stadia.fi>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 10/05/2001 13:43:18
Hi!

Maybe sgimips port homepage should have news item that there is new
snapshot available made by Hubert Feyrer.

**

Now that graphics bug is fixed, it even looks like NetBSD booting. =) But
how do you pass information to kernel that it should boot thru NFS from
place X and directory Y?

And while NFS is quite new thing for me, as I have only used it on
computer systems but never have set it up, setting NFS on SGI box is bit
problematic. Just wondering if it's possible to dump installation
filesystem to swap drive from IRIX. Load kernel over network and boot from
swap drive and setup rest of system (like formating disks to ffs and
fetching binary packages over net). Same way as I am used to install
NetBSD on Amiga.

So ARCS can't boot FFS? How about porting XFS to NetBSD? Couldn't be that
hard (tm). That would make life... erm... this thing much easier. ;-)

Best regards
Petri