Subject: Re: Boot success (almost)
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/26/2001 07:43:43
In message <Pine.ULT.4.05.10109252057360.5254-100000@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
, you write:

->   I stole the device_register() stuff from the pmax port, and modified it
-> to work on my Challenge S.  It uses the OSLoadPartition passed as one of
-> the arguments to determine the root filesystem.

I had this on my TODO list, but had gotten hung up on the details of matching
the particular devices to ARCS devices [so it would work for the secondary
SCSI, could match the second, in the ARCS POV, disk even if your NetBSD
config wired ti down somewhere else, ... etc.] and now am battling the
new toolchain...

It would be nice to get something like that working, even if all my
fantasies of it being truly complete weren't fulfilled 8-)

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                              rafal.boni@eDial.com
 PGP key C7D3024C, print EA49 160D F5E4 C46A 9E91  524E 11E0 7133 C7D3 024C
    Need to get a hold of me?  http://800.edial.com/rafal.boni@eDial.com