Subject: Re: Boot success (almost)
To: Hendrik Scholz <hscholz@perikles.toppoint.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/26/2001 05:03:34
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Hendrik Scholz wrote:
> > Kernel itself is booted, but then left corner was filled with varying size
> > green rectangle (btw same color as cursor). It seems to be changing size
> > acording what is printed and typed on the screen. I can't see anything but
> > that green box. Any ideas how fix this?

I think the port-sgimips archives have a patch for this, and I also think
that they were committed after I moved to serial console. I didn't
test/verify it works, thus.

> P.S. Is it already possible to boot from the disk directly ?

I hear there's some good work in progress (from various people...), but
it's not in the tree yet. Right now I slurp the kernel via tftp, then
mount root from sd1 and boot from that. Works fine. :)

BTW I did a 'make build' last week (after the new toolchain was enabled?),
and it went through fine. I was told that the set lists will get fixed
soon, and I'll probably upload a new snapshot then. Doing a 'make build'
on your own shouldn't be a problem, it just takes some time. My Indy
(150MHz) took ~15h when netbooted (I didn't use then disk then).

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/