Subject: Re: can't help booting in single user
To: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@edial.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/22/2001 21:07:13
On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Rafal Boni wrote:
> I'll commit it as soon as my devel boxes comes up...

OK. The patch works fine for me. Please don't to mention the
variable you have to set in the prom in the FAQ. :)

("How do I get the sgimips port booting straight into multiuser mode?

Make sure you have kernel sources later than 2001092x (if not, see
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sgimips/2001/09/23/0000.html).
Then in the PROM, do "setenv OSLoadOptions auto")

BTW, the OSLoadOptions variable doesn't seem to be present per default (at
least it wasn't on my machine). Should we make the system boot multiuser
by default, and only do single-user e.g. for OSLoadOptions=single?

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/