Subject: challenge S available
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/04/2001 19:26:43
the chemistry department of my alma mater recently retired its SGIs, and
a few of them followed me home.  I have some Challenge S machines
(headless 200MHz R4400 1Mb cache) available for NetBSD/sgimips
developers for the price of shipping from Portland, OR.  (I can ship
internationally if you are outside the US.)

there are about half a dozen machines, and a few more that may be
fixable.  (bad power supplies?)  most have 128MB RAM and two 2GB disks.
unfortunately I do not have copies of IRIX to give out with these
machines.

in my dream world somebody will finish 64 bit for this machine (and for
decstation 5000/260).   bi-endian support would also be neat, so I can
run NetBSD/pmax binaries on /sgimips.  :)