Subject: Re: newbie question, serial console
To: julien maerten <julien@iside.net>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/02/2001 16:00:58
Settings I think is traditionally the usual 9600 8N1. Make sure the
serial cable is a null-modem / cross-over cable.

Lund

julien maerten wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to boot netbsd.ip22 on my Indy (r4400 200mhz, 128M, 24bit
> newport), and all seems to run well (got the first boot messages in the
> PROM), except that I can't see anything on my serial console. In fact,
> It's a common peecee with a serial communication software, linked to the
> sgi serial port with a mac style serial cable.
> I'd like to know if there is particular settings for the serial
> communication, or a particular procedure to follow, as there is no
> documentation about this.
> I'm using netbsd.ip22 kernel from
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sgimips/ .
>
> Thanx in advance for your help
>
> ps. can you cc me please, I'm not on the list

> Julien Maerten
> Responsable développement Unix / Open Source
>
> iSide
> 55-57 rue de Montreuil, 75011 Paris - France
> Tel  : +33 (0)1 46 59 43 00
> Fax : +33 (0)1 46 59 20 20

Jorgen "Lord" Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
Technology Manager, Unix Administrator
Phone: +44 (020)8659-1860  Mobile: (07958)642-918
Pager: 07958642918@one2one.net
"Rare is the person who can weigh the faults of others
 without putting his thumb on the scales": Byron J. Langenfeld