Subject: Various systems
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Ethan <telmnstr@757.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/01/2001 20:39:55
Hello.

 First off I'd like to say I am perfectly happy with IRIX, I don't look
forward to any version of Linux on SGI hardware... but I got excited when
I saw the fact that NetBSD made it onto 3 or 4 different SGI machines.

 While I don't have programming skills to donate, I will offer portmaster
access to the console on various machines I have. The different platforms:

SGI Crimson Deskside, 150mhz R4k
SGI Onyx Deskside, dual R10k 195mhz
SGI 4d/480VGX, eight R3000 40mhz (IP15)
SGI 4d/420, now dual r3000 40mhz (IP15)
SGI Challenge XL, quad R4k 250mhz
SGI Indigo, with both the R3k and R4k boards on hand, Elan and LG1 on hand
SGI Indigo^2s (multiple), 100mhz r4k
SGI Indy R4400, 200mhz

I'm kind of an SGI geek. Wouldn't mind sharing resources with the NetBSD
people! Long live SGI and their non-Intel stuff!

The only other problem is the larger machines take a bit of power, and my
roomates cry when they see them on. But as long as its for the NetBSD
cause, they shouldn't mind a day or two of 4d/480 or Challenge XL.