Subject: Re: Indigo2 POWER
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Jeffrey M. Smith <jeffs@atheros.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/23/2001 01:12:55
Johan Danielsson wrote:

> We have an old Indigo2 R8000 here that we haven't figured out what to
> do with. If anyone is interested in getting it working with NetBSD
> (which probably will take a lot of effort, considering that both the
> machine and the CPU is rather odd), I can probably arrange serial
> console access to it.

This is a lot of work and NetBSD is a long way for supporting
the R8000.  For starters there is no 32 bit kernel mode!

I did the original IRIX port to this machine, and it was an
amazing amount of work given a stable 32 bit Indigo2 port.

Unfortunately we don't have a stable Indigo2 port for NetBSD yet.

jeffs