Subject: Re: Next sgimips commit
To: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
From: Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@post.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/03/2001 01:01:37
Rafal Boni wrote:

> In message <3A7B3656.F91DAF39@atheros.com>, jeffs writes:
>
> - -> Gerald Heinig wrote:
> [...]
> - -> > since I need the MC1 memory controller code and I don't
> - ->
> - -> For Indigo2 you should be able to share the same code as the Indy.  They
> - -> run the same irix kernel binary.
>
> I think that was the point... The indy code isn't there yet.  However, I
> thought Gerald was playing with an Indigo, not Indigo2, so it may be even
> more complicated.

The only docs I have are those for the Indy from the SGI ftp server.
It seems I've also missed something with the memory map: I'm trying to read the SYSID register in the MC, which
according to the doco is at 0x1fa00018.
However, I get an address trap for 0x1fa00000 when I try to access that location.

Any ideas?