Subject: files. format
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@post.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/31/2001 23:37:56
Hi again,

I have a question concerning the format of the source description files in the kernel source. There are (I think) two
files of this type: one is just called "files" and lives in one of the conf directories and the other is called
"files.sgimips" or "files.i386", depending on the arch, and lives in $ARCH/conf.
They interact with config, by basically describing the source code dependency when you switch a certain option on in the
config file.

Now what I'd like to know is either a) where to find docs for the format of these files or b) someone to give me a quick
rundown on what you put in them and in what format.

Any replies much appreciated

Cheers,

Gerald