Subject: Kernel compile probs & questions
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@post.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/10/2001 20:47:05
Hi again,

I've now got a NetBSD 386 system up and running with the cross-compile package installed and all kernel sources. I poked
about a bit last night and tried to config the "INDY" config file under $ARCH/sgimips/conf/. This didn't work,
complaining about not finding an include file under

$ARCH/hpcmips/include/hpc<somethingelse>

I can dig out the exact message if it's needed. Basically, it looks like my 1.5 sys source tree isn't up-to-date. Do I
need the CVS tree?

Another thing: once config has done its stuff, I can't just make depend and make, since I want to cross-compile. What
variables do I set or commands/files do I have to change so that cross-gcc, cross-as etc are actually used? Or is this
done automatically?

Is there a cross-compiling (as opposed to cross-compiler) FAQ somewhere for this sort of task? I haven't found one yet.

Cheers,

Gerald