Subject: Re: ARCS netboot probs on Indigo
To: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
From: Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@post.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/06/2001 14:58:31
"Brandon D. Valentine" wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Gerald Heinig wrote:
>
> >I got my Indigo to download and boot a kernel yesterday using Soren's tips, so I seem to be OK on that one now.
>
> Awesome.  When have a preliminary NetBSD/sgimips kernel booting on the
> r4k IRIS Indigo I'd be happy to test netboot it on mine and reboot
> feedback.

Let me correct that:

I got my Indigo to download and *TRY* to boot a ....

It *did* actually boot it, in that it jumped to *something*, but crashed in flames (as expected) immediately.
I basically just tested my bootp/tftp/ARCS setup, to make sure it worked OK.

Hope I haven't ruined your day :-)

Cheers,

Gerald