Subject: indy bootp + dhcp
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Kogge <stevek@uimage.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/17/2000 21:17:25
	I have an Indy here to play with (no OS). For grins, and my
self education I am trying to use DHCP to do the bootp off a BSDI 4.1
system.

	DHCP does fine for IP assignment. Could someone who know
the magic incantation for DHCP share them with me. Yes I can just go
and use bootp + tftp. The man entries are a bit vague how to do use DHCP.
Here is my last try - tftp is never started. tftp does work from another
system.

host indicus {
        allow bootp;
        allow booting;
        filename "netbsd.ip32";
        next-server guppy;
        hardware ethernet 08:00:69:08:fb:1a;
        fixed-address indicus.uimage.com;
}

	My last partial port was BSD4.0 to a 16032 (aka ns32k) many many
many years ago. Chris Torek explained what I need to do I did it.

	I presume the correct syntax for booting the indy is

bootp():netbsd.ip32

	Thanks (willing to be told any or all parts of what I am trying are wrong)

--
	Stephen N. Kogge
	stevek@uimage.com