Subject: NetBSD/sgimips on Challenge DM?
To: NetBSD-SGI <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Walls <tim.walls@pa.press.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/02/2000 17:03:58
Hi all,

Here at work we have - for a short time at least - an SGI Challenge DM
machine which I could 'borrow' for playing with NetBSD/sgimips on.

The question is - what chances are there of being able to get the
thing running on it?  I know nearly sod all about SGI hardware, all
I can say is we have a dual-processor IP19 card; the most interesting
looking number on the actual CPUs is VR4400MC.

If there is any worth in trying, I can see if I can get the thing
booted up.  If we get that far, it may be possible to stick it
somewhere where it can be accessed via the internet for development
purposes (this would depend, of course, on firewalls, space, and
availability of suitably heavy duty power supply, so I wouldn't
bet on it at this stage.)

Anyway, please let me know if there is any worth having a go.  I'd
certainly be able to play with new kernels for it, or even have a
go at soing some work on it myself if there is a cross compiler
setup for the port.

Cheers,
Tim.

--