Port-sbmips archive

T that p. 1 is the real beginning of the manuscript. Thi

------ TABLE XVIII.--_Table of numeral and day symbols._ (Plate 58_a_.)
____________________________________________ 12 | 13 | 13 | 14 17 | 8 |
17 | 7 5 | 2 | 0 | 17 X Been.| V Oc. | I Lamat.|II Chicchan. XI Ix. | VI
Chuen.| II Muluc.| X Cimi. XII Men. |VII Eb. |III Oc. |XI Manik. VIII |
VIII | VIII | VIII 17 | 17 | 17 | 17
-------------------------------------------- TABLE XIX.--_Table

of numeral and day symbols._ (Plate 58_b_.)
________________________________ 1 | 1 | 12 | 13 | 13 | 3 | 1 | 18 | II
Muluc.| X Cimi. |[Picture.] III Oc. | XI Manik.| IV Chuen.|XII Lamat.|
VIII | VIII | 17 | 17 | -------------------------------- The spaces in
the lists indicate the positions of the pictures of persons and
curtain-like ornaments

inserted here and there, as seen in Figs. 363-370. In order to explain
this series, we commence with that
portion of it found in the lower division of Plate 51 (Fig. 363).
Omitting any

reference for the present

to the black numbers over the day columns, we call attention first to
the days and to the red numerals attached to them. Those in the division
selected as an illustration
are as follows: IV Ik. XII Cauac. VII Cib. II Been. X Oc. II Ezanab. V
Akbal. XIII Ahau. VIII Caban.
III Ix. XI Chuen. III Cauac. VI Kan. I Ymix. IX Ezanab.
IV Men. XII Eb. IV Ahau.[317-1] It will be observed that the week
numbers of the days in each single column follow one another
in regular arithmetical order, thus: in the first column, 4, 5, 6; in
the second, 12, 13, 1; in the third, 7, 8, 9; and so on throughout the
entire series. T