Subject: Re: updated diff (again)
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett@damore.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.org>
List: port-sbmips
Date: 09/14/2006 08:58:43
First traffic on port-sbmips I can remember in a long time!

Garrett D'Amore wrote:

> This diff is the same, except I've converted the rtc functions to use
> the clock_ymdhms variants of the TODR entry points, saving some more
> redundant code and inheriting some additional "checks."

The patch seems to work.  Setting the date to an incorrect time, and
rebooting back to the same incorrect offset worked.  Setting back to
"normal" with ntpdate and rebooting again also worked.  What other sort
of tests should be done?

> (Also, the fewer functions using the old volatile struct timval *, the
> better, as I intend to change the signature of that function soon, to
> use either struct bintime or struct timespec_t.)

Please discuss this on tech-kern when the time comes.  I'm not sure if
we should be using timespecs or bintime as the "base" system time.  A
long time ago there was talk about switching to timespecs, but that
predated FreeBSD's bintime and timecounters.

Cheers,
Simon.