Re: Enhanced Synology CS/RS support

Hi,

The usefulness of sandpoint PPC NAS is rather limited as they
have under-powered 200~266Hz pre-G3 generation PPC
processor inside.  At the same time, due to the design simplicity
sandpoint NAS is one of most stable PPC port in NetBSD.
It'd be nice to have one for PPC software testbed.

Frank and I are thinking to realise a new NetBSD port for
MPC8347/8349.  My unit has 533MHz core, 1GB memory,
2x GbE and accepts 4x SATA drives.  The expected due date
will be sometime in this Summer.

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology