Re: Flash and nvram

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:32:46AM -0400, bgjung%etri.re.kr@localhost wrote:
> For ramdisk exceution, non-volatile storage is needed.
> PMC Flash(1M) and NVRAM(8K, I guess) on sandpoint X3 can be used for that
> purpose.
> I can't find proper features for this.
> Is it possible to use flash or nvram just like a general file system after
> "mount".

Not quite.  I do have some code somewhere that needs to be cleaned up
and integrated that would allow some access to flash like a filesystem.

There is currently no support for either right now, though.  The
nvram should probably have a simple device for access.  I'm not
quite sure how to talk to this--it's not something I've really
looked at yet.  I expect that both DINK and ppcboot do read/write
it, though.

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs                     briggs%wasabisystems.com@localhost