Re: Changing HZ

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 11:21:13AM +0100, Andreas Oman wrote:
> I tried to change HZ from 100 to 1000 on my sandpoint machine.
> This to allow a faster timing interval for a polling driver.
> However, this resulted in a significant clock skew. My machine
> did only 40 seconds per minute.

Hmmm...  40 seconds per minute sounds like the clock rate isn't set
right in the kernel.  Which sandpoint system do you have, what's the
bus speed, and which kernel are you running?

Take a look at src/sys/arch/sandpoint/sandpoint/machdep.c and see
if the "ticks_per_sec" variable is set correctly.  Unfortunately,
there's no way to get this easily.  It wouldn't be too hard to figure
it out with an external timer, but I haven't taken the time to work
out exactly how it should be done.

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs                     briggs%wasabisystems.com@localhost