Subject: Re: Compiled List
To: None <port-s390@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-s390
Date: 12/06/2002 14:45:20
On Friday, December 6, 2002, at 01:38 PM, Jose Correa wrote:
> I believe that NetBSD is today the best operating system product of the
> OpenSource community, so I am proud to working with you and I hope to
> contribute some way, unfortunatly I don't have easy access to a S/390
> iron, but
> I think some things can be done with Hercules.

   If all goes well, I will have an S/390 G5 within the next couple of
weeks.  I haven't seen the machine, and I'm unsure of its
configuration, and I have no way to run it (no 3-phase power at
home...I can run my Crays but not my S/390, terrible!) but I'm trying
to work that out.  If I can find a way to make enough money with it to
cover power and space costs, I will try to make an LPAR (at least)
available for NetBSD development.

   I have a lot of experience with various types of hardware and I'm an
accomplished programmer, but I lack knowledge of kernel internals and I
know next to nothing about IBM mainframe iron.  I hope to change that
when I get this machine up.

> PS: as english is not my native language I apologize some eventual
> mistake.

   Your english is fine, don't worry! :-)

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "Why would a brothel need
St. Petersburg, FL            a streaming media server?"        -Kevin