Subject: Re: Newbie Question
To: Shaun <senmonk6@yahoo.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: port-s390
Date: 02/25/2002 20:22:42
Hi !

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Shaun wrote:
> 	I have a IBM PC Server 325. Does that fit into this architecture of this list? The main reason I
                     ^^ This doesn't really sound like S/390-related :)

> ask is because I have been trying to use an i386 set of install disks and it doesnt see any
> hardrives ( I have 4 scsis)

I don't think this will go here, S/390 is the new-called IBM zSeries, it is a
mainframe architecture. On one hand, this might never has something like PC in
it's name, and on the other hand, it will be christmas and birthday together
for someone to get such a box. And, if i see our beast (linux.zseries.org),
they usually are remarkable bigger than a usual PC.

Try to find out, what CPU you have in your machine. Maybe it is some RS/6000-
related machine, but for me, "IBM PC Server 325" is just unknown.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX