Port-RISCV archive

Re: RISC-V naming

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 04:26:10PM -0700, Chris Hanson wrote:
> Right now it looks like NetBSD’s very very preliminary RISC-V support calls the architecture “riscv,” while FreeBSD is using “riscv64” for their more-complete preliminary support.
>
> Should NetBSD switch to match it, for consistency?
>
> What’s Linux using?

https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot/blob/master/arch/Config.in.riscv
would seem to imply they use riscv64 (and riscv32); we currently have
MACHINE=riscv           MACHINE_ARCH=riscv64    ALIAS=riscv64 DEFAULT
quoth build.sh

What exactly should change? It strikes me as being akin to the powerpc
situation where we have sys/arch/powerpc, which contains files for both
32 and 64 bit ppc (and as build.sh puts it,
MACHINE=evbppc          MACHINE_ARCH=powerpc64  ALIAS=evbppc64
)