Port-prep archive

Re: PCI expansion card working?

On 18-Jan-2008 KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> I think that I am necessary also in pic_do_pending_int() on that.  In
> addition, may I disable RESIDUAL_DATA_DUMP?
>
> I booted the kernel without preparing NFS this morning.  However, pcn(4)
> looked not to work correctly.

Yeah.. I just wanted to see if the firmware picked up any of the cards and got
confused by them.  You no longer need RESIDUAL_DATA_DUMP.  Its probably worth
throwing that debug code into pic_do_pending, or, like I said, throw printfs in
the interrupt handlers for the various devices that are sitting on 15.

It's also not particularly surprising that you might have pcn problems, as that
also resides on irq 15.  (such a bad design)

If you need to for debugging purposes, you can avoid irq 15 by installing an IDE
drive. (I think that runs on 13 or 14)

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/