Subject: problem with PF
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Mauricio Lima Pilla <pilla@ucpel.tche.br>
List: port-prep
Date: 05/18/2007 19:04:32
--nextPart1509375.uWXy6fNIOi

Hi people,

I'm still running the 4.0_BETA kernel in my F40 and E30=20

NetBSD pariah 4.0_BETA NetBSD 4.0_BETA (GENERIC) #0: Sat Aug 19 13:58:06 UT=
C=20
2006 =20
builds@b3.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-4/prep/200608190000Z-obj/home/b=
uilds/ab/netbsd-4/src/sys/arch/prep/compile/GENERIC=20
prep

but just now I've realized packet filtering is not working (mostly because =
I=20
wasn't trying before :-) . It looks like pf is not included in the kernel=20
(nor I can get a module called pf to load):

% pfctl -e
pfctl: /dev/pf: Device not configured

Am I missing something? Should I download a newer kernel or compile another=
=20
one? I'm awfully scared of installing a new kernel on those machines and lo=
st=20
my current setup.

Thanks in advance

Mauricio

=2D-=20
Mauricio Lima Pilla                           pilla@ucpel.tche.br
PPGINF -- ESIN/UCPEL
http://g3pd.ucpel.tche.br/~pilla
key 0x37705BE0

"I'm just very selective about the reality I choose to accept."
                                                        -- Calvin