Subject: bootloader setup
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Mauricio Lima Pilla <pilla@ucpel.tche.br>
List: port-prep
Date: 09/14/2006 17:35:35
--nextPart1891344.dook65Gv0q

Hi people,

I've compiled a new kernel (I need IP forwarding) and then I want to boot i=
t.=20
I've read about mkbootimage and I want to be sure about what I'm going to d=
o,=20
so I don't have to reinstall from zero again.

I've created  a boot image.

/usr/mdec/mkbootimage -b /usr/mdec/boot_com0 -k /netbsd -s boot.fs

Now, what's the next step? Should I dd it to /dev/sd0?=20

Thanks in advance,

Pilla

=2D-=20
Mauricio Lima Pilla                           pilla@ucpel.tche.br
PPGINF -- ESIN/UCPEL
http://g3pd.ucpel.tche.br/~pilla
key 0x37705BE0

"I'm just very selective about the reality I choose to accept."
                                                        -- Calvin