Subject: Prep port status update
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 07/02/2006 00:00:47
A few things since my last update..

Mostly I've been re-organizing alot of the code to deal with future
improvements.  I've fixed MPIC detection on the mcp750 and the F40, as well as
fixed some problems with interrupts on the Powerstack E1.  Prep now has
timecounter support, as well as full root device detection on motorola machines.

we ethernet on prep:  It would appear that only on the 7248, we ethernet will
not work unless you initialize the VGA.  I've stripped the VGA reset code out
of the com0 boot loader, and made a new one with both com0 and vga reset.  This
way the com0 bootloader will work properly on some of the wierder machines like
the F40.

PCi bridge cards should now work.  Specifically, I have tested it with a 4-port
fxp ethernet card.

Also, the powerpc port has been switched to gcc4, so 4.0 will ship with gcc4.

And the current todo list:

1) Support for RS6k/CHRP style machines, ie the mcp750 and 7025-F40
- We are getting there..  shouldn't be long now.
2) Reboot support for the 7024/7025 models.
- Getting there
3) Power control, including power off on halt -p
- Should be easy to do.. just haven't done it yet.
4) Power management
- Waiting for new power management API.
5) X server support for the 7248
- Not likely to happen soon.  I'm thinking I might tackle this after the x.org
import.  No sense in doing it twice.  It's also not very high on my list.
6) Bootable CDROM image
- No progress on this.
7) Audio support for the machines that have it via pnpbus
- No progress here.
8) Create pnpbus device for the PCMCIA on the thinkpad
- No progress
9) Webpage FAQ and cleanup
- No progress
10) floppy support (don't hold your breath)
- Still not holding breath
11) SMP support (dependant on #1)
- Waiting for 1.

---