Subject: Re: we ethernet on prep
To: None <root@garbled.net>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-prep
Date: 06/13/2006 21:50:31
root@garbled.net wrote:

> > It looks ISA mem space conflicts against PCI memory space.
> > The attached patch fixes the problem on my 7248-133.

> That patch made your we card work?  I tried it and still get the exact same
> problem...

Umm, after I update sources and recompile a kernel,
now we(4) works even *without* the patch. Weird.

Anyway, I still have a concern that the PCI VGA device
requires large chunk of PCI memory space (~8MB),
so I wonder the BAT can handle such mappings near
other small mappings.
(I'm not familiar with powerpc though)

Isn't it better to map static 16MB region for ISA mem space
rather than mapping regions with BAT on each bus_space_map(9) call?
---
Izumi Tsutsui