Subject: Re: we ethernet on prep
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 06/10/2006 08:43:41
On 10-Jun-2006 Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> Whole log is attached. Neither ep or we appears in the dump?

Thats what I suspected.  I have an actual IBM branded we card, so mine shows
up.  I guess yours is just a generic we card, so the firmware can't recognize
it.

That complicates things a bit..  The pnpbus attachment uses the residual data
to attach the we card at pnpbus.  This is mostly useful, because if I attach at
pnpbus, its easy to figure out what the fw-path for that card is, and do
automatic root-device detection on it.  However, your we card doesn't get
picked up, so you still need the we@isa attachment.  I'm not sure how to ensure
that if the card gets picked up by pnpbus, it won't get picked up again by isa.

Guess I'll keep fiddling.. thanks.  :)

23:
  DEVICE_ID
    BusId = ISA
    DevId = 0x244d0010 (IBM0010)
    SerialNum = 0x00000001
    Flags = 0x00000203
      : Output
      : Input
      : Boot
    BaseType = NetworkInterfaceController (2)
    SubType = EthernetController (0)
    Interface = GeneralEther (0)
  BUS_ACCESS
    info0 = 0