Subject: Re: we ethernet on prep
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 06/09/2006 23:17:09
On 09-Jun-2006 Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> ep0 at isapnp0 works fine, so ISA mem space is not mapped properly?

ep works fine on your 7248-133?

Do you have one of the ep cards that can also be hardcoded in the kernel to
live on isa instead of isapnp?  If so, could you boot it like that and see if
it goes haywire?

maybe I'll try jamming a few other isa cards in a prep box and see if they also
give similar wierdness.. or if it's just the we driver.  At least I now know
that mine isn't just broken.

If you still have the 7248-133 with the we card in it, (and ideally if you
could fit the ep card in there too) I'd like to see the output from this test
kernel:

http://www.garbled.net/tmp/prep-residual-boot.fs

I'm specifically interested in how the we card shows up in the residual dump,
and if the ep card shows up at all or not.

This all started because I tried to write a pnpbus attachment for the we
ethernet card, rather than the hardcoded isa setup.  It gives me the same
lossage either way..   Maybe you're right.. isa mem space.. I'll dig around that
code and see if anything obvious turns up.

Thanks for testing/confirming my results.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/