Subject: Re: installation on a 7249-860
To: None <t.sefzick@fz-juelich.de>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 06/01/2006 10:46:29
On 01-Jun-2006 t.sefzick@fz-juelich.de wrote:
> that's what it says:

Cool..  thats rather interesting...  I see that boot device detection seems to
work on this machine too.. so thats at least good to know.

Curious.. do you have any PCMCIA cards in either slot?  If so, what?

Give me a little time to look at this and think about it.  In the meantime..
that kernel should work just fine as a normal operational kernel.  It just
boots rather noisily.

I do notice however.. the only device it lists as being bootable was the SCSI.
Thats rather annoying.  I think this is the only prep box I've ever seen that
wasn't netbootable.

I suspect that if you had some IBM pcmcia cards, and put them in, it would
detect one of them as being known, and let you netboot with it.  If you happen
to find one the firmware recognizes, it should also show up in that verbose
device tree.. I'd be interested in seeing an entry for it.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/