Subject: Re: TODO list update
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Cory Bajus <cbajus@mts.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 04/18/2006 10:54:47
On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 01:39:00PM -0700, Tim Rightnour wrote:
> On 17-Apr-2006 Cory Bajus wrote:
> > Great work on sysinst and the other pieces needed to make installation go
> > so smooth.  The F30 is completely supported.  I will try an F40 next if I
> > can get it to netboot properly (not a NetBSD problem - it has trouble
> > netbooting AIX as well).
>
> Hrmm..  I'm currently working on testing the CD installation support.
> Hopefully I can get it to boot from a CDROM, which might alleviate your
> problem.  (It actually might allready work, but I have yet to test it, so I
> have no idea)

Well, I fixed the netboot problem on the F40 (system firmware update) and
tried booting the sysinst_com0.fs image - here is the result:

>> NetBSD/prep BOOT, Revision 1.5
>> (jmc@b2.netbsd.org, Sun Apr  9 06:03:23 UTC 2006)

Boot:
3655944+93400=0x3938e4
start=0x100000

panic: Unknown PCI chipset tag configuration method

The operating system has halted.
Please press any key to reboot.

I tried the prep-residual-boot.fs image you post a while back and it stopped
like this:

panic: Unknown PCI chipset tag configuration method
Stopped in pid 0.1 () at        netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x10:       lwz     r0, r1, 0
x14
db>

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with from here (remote
access to these systems is still in the works).

> I'm thrilled to hear that the F30 works so well though.  Thats great.  Get me
> the NVRAM_DUMP output and I'll get auto-booting working for you.  It works on
> most of the other machines allready.

I'll get this to you later - thanks for helping.

Cory.