Subject: Re: IBM RS/6000 - more trouble or just my terminal?
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Keith Bennett <kanezor@gmail.com>
List: port-prep
Date: 02/02/2005 06:38:25
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:56:22 +0100, Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> w=
rote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:56:09 -0600
> Keith Bennett <kanezor@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> > Here's anothere place where my terminal is rather annoying...
> You should check if you can reconfigure your terminal to an other
> terminal emulation. If this fails you should use a different terminal.
>=20
> >
> > Boot: Loading in()
> > 3537044+185960=3D0x38d160
> > start=3D0x100000
> >
> > panic: lockmgr: no context
> This is not the patched kernel, this is the original broken kernel. The
> patched kernel will report "build@Zimbo, Mon Jan 24 09:45:11 CET 2005".
> (Actually this is the boot loader, not the kernel.)
>=20
> Most likely you have messed up the boot images or the disk ordering when
> writing the disks. I recommend to remove all but the boot disk if you
> have multiple disks in the target machine.
Aha! Mentioning this reminded me that I had tried installing one of
the old kernels on my second disk, and had set my boot order to
accomodate.

I've fixed this now, and I'm now booting up in the patched kernel.

Thanks, everyone. Aside from the kernel not detecting what its root
device is, are there any other problems I should be aware of regarding
the prep port?