Subject: Building a boot floppy?
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Zen <zen@kill-9.it>
List: port-prep
Date: 05/23/2003 11:35:53
'morning guys,
	Nonaka or somebody else can enlighten me on building a boot
	floppy for the prep? Much time ago I was pointed to a floppy
	image with a working boot/install floppy for the 43P (7043),
	and the kernel was 1.6A. I CVS'd to -current now, and compiled
	my kernel, but before screwing the whole system I wanted to put
	kernel on a floppy and trying boot from there first.

	Many pages[1] mention to build an ffs FS on a floppy, but I had
	no luck trying to mount the one that works, so I am encouraged
	to think I'm missing something.

	The floppy image that works (thanks Nonaka) is a
	floppy.rs6k: x86 boot sector, extended partition table
	(nonaka@koharu:/usr/src/sys/arch/prep/compile/NATSUMI)

	As a side note, I just wanted to thank the netbsd/prep
	project people: after installing it, my Rs/6000 has _never_ been
	rebooted and provides mailinglist services to ~200 people with
	64mb of ram...
	This forced me to scratch linux from my smp ss20 and put netbsd
	on it.

[1] like http://www.cynic.net/~cjs/computer/netbsd/makebootfloppy.html

thanks everybody,
--
My home isn't cluttered; it's "passage restrictive."
zen@kill-9.it . Geek . And proud of it .