Subject: Re: [Q] Support for Bull Estrella
To: Klaus Klein <kleink@reziprozitaet.de>
From: Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com>
List: port-prep
Date: 04/21/2002 10:41:46
Klaus Klein wrote:
> Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com> writes:
>
> NetBSD/prep does support that machine.
>
> However, there's currently no release available with support for it in
> it.  I'm in the process of (finally) producing a new binary snapshot
> for it; the current hold-up is a problem with the release distrib
> framework, but those should be resolved "soon".

Excellent, I'll look forward to it.  Does the port currently
support X?  I've got the patches needed to get the X CL driver
to work with linuxppc; I don't know if they were ever integrated
with the main tree.

>>Also, does anyone know what kind of RAM the board takes? (It's
>>72 pin, but I don't know if it's parity/buffered/whatever).
>
> All the information I can find in the board's manual is: 8--64 MB,
> either with or without parity.

Interesting - I tried some 72 pin SIMMs I had lying around but
they didn't work.  I'll see if I can dig out some more.

Do you have the manual in electronic form?  I have found next
to no docs for this system.

--Jon

<http://www.witchspace.com>