Subject: Would love to boot a 7248 (43p/133)
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-prep
Date: 04/02/2001 09:10:30
I recently ran into a 43p/133 (7248), and would like to get NetBSD running
on this box.  I've used many such machines in the past, but was never
allowed the opportunity to get into firmware, etc...  Are there any
gotcha's in booting these?  Is netbooting easier than floppy?

I was going to use the boot floppy mentioned in tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp's
Feb '01 email... but again, I'm not too familiar with the firmware
here.  Is it easy enough to grok, or will I need to know any magic switches?

If there's any way I can help out on the port, I'll do what I can - just
let me know.  I was hoping to do a snapshot of -current if I can get the
box running...

-
Jon
 - The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer.
   "I wonder how many people actually read my .sig?"