Subject: Re: IBM PS 400
To: Tim Rightnour <garbled@garbled.net>
From: Charles Fultz <fultz@fermat.genomics.purdue.edu>
List: port-prep
Date: 11/14/2000 08:08:59
> However..  In order to help you out.. I need some information on your machine
> ..I want to get a handle on where you are with it, and what works and does not
> work at this point.

Here is some information:
CPU:	IBM 604 (information on the chip: 26H4296, P36066CC PQ)
	(CPU is similar to an x86 Slot-1 CPU)
	Other chips on the CPU cartridge:	4 - MCM67M518FN9
						    PQQNJ9439
						1 - Toshiba
						    IBM 1993
						    8184995
						    TC140G02AT
SCSI:	NCR 53c810 chipset
VIDEO:	Weitek Power 9100 (Diamond brand)
NET:	IBM ISA Ethernet (AT/LANTIC DP83905AVQB)
DISK:	Seagate ST51080N
CDROM:	IBM CDRM00201

> Also useful, would be the following data from AIX:
>
> lscfg -vp

INSTALLED RESOURCE LIST WITH VPD

The following resources are installed on your machine.

  Model Architecture: rspc
  Model Implementation: Uni-Processor, PCI bus

  sysplanar0        00-00             System Planar
  bus0              00-00             PCI Bus
  bus1              04-A0             ISA Bus
  paud0             01-A0             Ultimedia Integrated Audio
  fda0              01-B0             Standard I/O Diskette Adapter
  fd0               01-B0-00-00       Diskette Drive
  ppa0              01-C0             Standard I/O Parallel Port Adapter
  sa0               01-D0             Standard I/O Serial Port 1
  sa1               01-E0             Standard I/O Serial Port 2
  sioka0            01-F0             Keyboard Adapter
  kbd0              01-F0-00-00       PS/2 keyboard
  sioma0            01-G0             Mouse Adapter
  mouse0            01-G0-00-00       3 button mouse
  ent0              01-01             IBM ISA Ethernet Adapter

        Network Address.............10005A3D1B5A

  scsi0             04-B0             Standard SCSI I/O Controller
  hdisk0            04-B0-00-1,0      Other SCSI Disk Drive

        Manufacturer................SEAGATE
        Machine Type and Model......ST51080N
        Part Number.................3 Seagate Al
        ROS Level and ID............30393538
        Serial Number...............FJ183862
        EC Level....................l rights r
        FRU Number..................eserved
        Device Specific.(Z0)........000002028F000012
        Device Specific.(Z1)........
        Device Specific.(Z2)........opyr
        Device Specific.(Z3)........ight
        Device Specific.(Z4)........c) 1
        Device Specific.(Z5)........99

  cd0               04-B0-00-3,0      Multimedia CD-ROM Drive

        Manufacturer................IBM
        Machine Type and Model......CDRM00201     !F
        ROS Level and ID............0724
        Device Specific.(Z0)........058002028F000098

  gga0              04-02             IBM Personal Computer Power Series
                                      S15 Graphics Adapter
  mem0              00-00             Memory
  proc0             00-00             Processor
  L2cache0          00-00             L2 Cache

> lsdev -C | cut -f 1 -d " " | xargs -t -I {} lsattr -El {}

lsattr -El sys0
keylock     normal                   State of system keylock at boot time              False
maxbuf      20                       Maximum number of pages in block I/O BUFFER CACHE True
maxmbuf     0                        Maximum Kbytes of real memory allowed for MBUFS   True
maxuproc    40                       Maximum number of PROCESSES allowed per user      True
autorestart false                    Automatically REBOOT system after a crash         True
iostat      true                     Continuously maintain DISK I/O history            True
realmem     196608                   Amount of usable physical memory in Kbytes        False
conslogin   enable                   System Console Login                              False
fwversion   0.1                      Firmware version and revision levels              False
maxpout     0                        HIGH water mark for pending write I/Os per file   True
minpout     0                        LOW water mark for pending write I/Os per file    True
fullcore    false                    Enable full CORE dump                             True
pre430core  false                    IBM PowerPC CHRP Computer                         True
modelname   IBM PPS Model 6015 (4dE) Machine name                                      False
systemid    IBM601523L0682           Hardware system identifier                        False
lsattr -El sysplanar0
lsattr -El bus0
lsattr -El bus1
lsattr -El fda0
bus_intr_lvl  6     Bus interrupt level   False
dma_lvl       2     DMA arbitration level False
intr_priority 4     Interrupt priority    False
bus_io_addr   0x3f0 Bus I/O address       False
bus_io_addr2  0x3f7 Bus I/O address       False
lsattr -El sa0
bus_io_addr   0x3f8 Bus I/O address     False
bus_intr_lvl  4     Bus interrupt level False
intr_priority 1     Interrupt priority  False
lsattr -El sa1
bus_io_addr   0x2f8 Bus I/O address     False
bus_intr_lvl  3     Bus interrupt level False
intr_priority 1     Interrupt priority  False
lsattr -El sioka0
lsattr -El sioma0
lsattr -El scsi0
bus_io_addr    0x01000000 Address of bus memory used for DMA           False
bus_intr_lvl   13,E       Bus interrupt level                          False
intr_priority  3          Interrupt priority                           False
max_xfer_rate  10         Maximum synchronous data transfer rate (mHz) True
id             7          Adapter card SCSI ID                         True
bb             no         BATTERY backed adapter                       True
chip_type      53C810     PCI-SCSI I/O Processor type                  False
negot_on_check yes        Negotiate after SCSI check condition         True
lsattr -El gga0
scrn_width_mm   330                      Screen width in millimeters                             True
scrn_height_mm  250                      Screen height in millimeters                            True
display_id      0x043c0000               Physical display ID for adapter                         False
dsp_name        S15                      Name by which this display is referenced                False
dsp_desc        Graphics Adapter         Display description                                     False
ksr_color1      0x00404040               Color 1 of default color lookup table                   True
ksr_color3      0x0000FF00               Color 3 of default color lookup table                   True
belongs_to      graphics                 Which LFT this display belongs to                       False
cfg_method_load /usr/lib/methods/cfg_gga Pathname of the device dependent configuration method   False
custom_font                              N/A                                                     False
chg_monitortype y                        Display type enable/disable flag                        False
chg_res_refrate y                        Display resolution and refresh rate enable/disable flag False
monitor_type    IBM_15V                  Display type                                            True
IBM_14V         1024x768@76Hz            Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_15V         1024x768@76Hz            Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_17V         1024x768@76Hz            Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_14P         1024x768@76Hz            Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_15P         1024x768@76Hz            Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_17P         1280x1024@77Hz           Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_21P         1280x1024@77Hz           Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
POWERdisplay17  1280x1024@77Hz           Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
POWERdisplay20  1280x1024@77Hz           Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_P50         1024x768@76Hz            Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_P70         1280x1024@77Hz           Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_P200        1280x1024@77Hz           Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_P201        1280x1024@77Hz           Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_G40         800x600@60Hz             Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_G41         1024x768@70Hz            Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_G50         1024x768@70Hz            Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_G70         1024x768@76Hz            Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
IBM_G200        1280x1024@77Hz           Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
NortechVCX21P   1184x1600@60Hz           Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
OtherHiResVESAC 1024x768@75Hz            Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
OtherLoResVESAC 640x480@85Hz             Display resolution and refresh rate                     True
lsattr -El hdisk0
pvid          00300682856fddd70000000000000000 Physical volume identifier       False
queue_depth   1                                Queue DEPTH                      True
q_type        none                             Queuing TYPE                     True
q_err         yes                              Use QERR bit                     True
clr_q         no                               Device CLEARS its Queue on error True
rw_timeout    30                               READ/WRITE time out value        True
start_timeout 60                               START unit time out value        True
reassign_to   120                              REASSIGN time out value          True
lsattr -El cd0
reserve_lock    no  RESERVE device on open              True
prevent_eject   yes PREVENT ejection of media when open True
audio_supported yes Play AUDIO supported                False
m2f1_code       129 MODE 2 FORM 1 Density Code          False
m2f2_code       129 MODE 2 FORM 2 Density Code          False
cdda_code       130 CD-DA Density Code                  False
rw_timeout      120 READ time out value                 False
lsattr -El mem0
size     192 Total amount of physical memory in Mbytes  False
goodsize 192 Amount of usable physical memory in Mbytes False
lsattr -El proc0
state enable      Processor state False
type  PowerPC_604 Processor type  False
lsattr -El L2cache0
size 256 Size of L2 cache in Kbytes False
lsattr -El fd0
fdtype 3.5inch Diskette DRIVE TYPE True
lsattr -El kbd0
typamatic_delay 500 Keyboard repeat delay        True
typamatic_rate  20  Keyboard repeat rate         True
volume          2   Alarm volume                 True
click           2   Clicker volume               True
special_map     0   Extended keyboard identifier True
special_type    0   Extended keyboard identifier True
lsattr -El lvdd
lsattr -El lft0
default_disp gga0                             Logical name of default display for LFT                    True
swkb_path    /usr/lib/nls/loc/en_US.lftkeymap Default software keyboard path                             True
font1_path   /usr/lpp/fonts/Erg22.iso1.snf    Predefined font path number 1                              True
font2_path   /usr/lpp/fonts/Erg11.iso1.snf    Predefined font path number 2                              True
font3_path                                    Predefined font path number 3                              True
font4_path                                    Predefined font path number 4                              True
font5_path                                    Predefined font path number 5                              True
font6_path                                    Predefined font path number 6                              True
font7_path                                    Predefined font path number 7                              True
font8_path                                    Predefined font path number 8                              True
pwr_mgr_t1   20                               Timeout value for display entering standby or dimmed state True
pwr_mgr_t2   30                               Timeout value for display entering suspend state           True
pwr_mgr_t3   40                               Timeout value for display entering off state               True
lsattr -El rootvg
vgserial_id  00300682856fe8ce Volume group identifier False
auto_on      y                Auto varyon             True
conc_capable n                N/A                     True
conc_auto_on n                N/A                     True
timestamp    0                N/A                     True
lsattr -El hd5
type         boot               Type description                                         True
label        None               Information label                                        True
intra        m                  Policy for allocation on physical volume                 True
copies       1                  Number of physical partitions for each logical partition True
inter        m                  Policy for allocation over multiple physical volumes     True
relocatable  n                  Bad block relocatable policy                             True
strictness   y                  Copies allocation policy                                 True
upperbound   32                 Number of physical volumes to allocate across            True
size         2                  Number of logical partitions in logical volume           True
lvserial_id  00300682856fe8ce.1 Volume group identifier . minor number                   False
stripe_width 0                  Striping Width                                           True
stripe_size                     Stripe Size                                              True
lsattr -El hd6
type         paging             Type description                                         True
label        None               Information label                                        True
intra        m                  Policy for allocation on physical volume                 True
copies       1                  Number of physical partitions for each logical partition True
inter        m                  Policy for allocation over multiple physical volumes     True
relocatable  y                  Bad block relocatable policy                             True
strictness   y                  Copies allocation policy                                 True
upperbound   32                 Number of physical volumes to allocate across            True
size         16                 Number of logical partitions in logical volume           True
lvserial_id  00300682856fe8ce.2 Volume group identifier . minor number                   False
stripe_width 0                  Striping Width                                           True
stripe_size                     Stripe Size                                              True
lsattr -El hd8
type         jfslog             Type description                                         True
label        None               Information label                                        True
intra        c                  Policy for allocation on physical volume                 True
copies       1                  Number of physical partitions for each logical partition True
inter        m                  Policy for allocation over multiple physical volumes     True
relocatable  y                  Bad block relocatable policy                             True
strictness   y                  Copies allocation policy                                 True
upperbound   32                 Number of physical volumes to allocate across            True
size         1                  Number of logical partitions in logical volume           True
lvserial_id  00300682856fe8ce.3 Volume group identifier . minor number                   False
stripe_width 0                  Striping Width                                           True
stripe_size                     Stripe Size                                              True
lsattr -El hd4
type         jfs                Type description                                         True
label        /                  Information label                                        True
intra        c                  Policy for allocation on physical volume                 True
copies       1                  Number of physical partitions for each logical partition True
inter        m                  Policy for allocation over multiple physical volumes     True
relocatable  y                  Bad block relocatable policy                             True
strictness   y                  Copies allocation policy                                 True
upperbound   32                 Number of physical volumes to allocate across            True
size         1                  Number of logical partitions in logical volume           True
lvserial_id  00300682856fe8ce.4 Volume group identifier . minor number                   False
stripe_width 0                  Striping Width                                           True
stripe_size                     Stripe Size                                              True
lsattr -El hd2
type         jfs                Type description                                         True
label        /usr               Information label                                        True
intra        c                  Policy for allocation on physical volume                 True
copies       1                  Number of physical partitions for each logical partition True
inter        m                  Policy for allocation over multiple physical volumes     True
relocatable  y                  Bad block relocatable policy                             True
strictness   y                  Copies allocation policy                                 True
upperbound   32                 Number of physical volumes to allocate across            True
size         72                 Number of logical partitions in logical volume           True
lvserial_id  00300682856fe8ce.5 Volume group identifier . minor number                   False
stripe_width 0                  Striping Width                                           True
stripe_size                     Stripe Size                                              True
lsattr -El hd9var
type         jfs                Type description                                         True
label        /var               Information label                                        True
intra        c                  Policy for allocation on physical volume                 True
copies       1                  Number of physical partitions for each logical partition True
inter        m                  Policy for allocation over multiple physical volumes     True
relocatable  y                  Bad block relocatable policy                             True
strictness   y                  Copies allocation policy                                 True
upperbound   32                 Number of physical volumes to allocate across            True
size         1                  Number of logical partitions in logical volume           True
lvserial_id  00300682856fe8ce.6 Volume group identifier . minor number                   False
stripe_width 0                  Striping Width                                           True
stripe_size                     Stripe Size                                              True
lsattr -El hd3
type         jfs                Type description                                         True
label        /tmp               Information label                                        True
intra        c                  Policy for allocation on physical volume                 True
copies       1                  Number of physical partitions for each logical partition True
inter        m                  Policy for allocation over multiple physical volumes     True
relocatable  y                  Bad block relocatable policy                             True
strictness   y                  Copies allocation policy                                 True
upperbound   32                 Number of physical volumes to allocate across            True
size         4                  Number of logical partitions in logical volume           True
lvserial_id  00300682856fe8ce.7 Volume group identifier . minor number                   False
stripe_width 0                  Striping Width                                           True
stripe_size                     Stripe Size                                              True
lsattr -El hd1
type         jfs                Type description                                         True
label        /home              Information label                                        True
intra        c                  Policy for allocation on physical volume                 True
copies       1                  Number of physical partitions for each logical partition True
inter        m                  Policy for allocation over multiple physical volumes     True
relocatable  y                  Bad block relocatable policy                             True
strictness   y                  Copies allocation policy                                 True
upperbound   32                 Number of physical volumes to allocate across            True
size         1                  Number of logical partitions in logical volume           True
lvserial_id  00300682856fe8ce.8 Volume group identifier . minor number                   False
stripe_width 0                  Striping Width                                           True
stripe_size                     Stripe Size                                              True
lsattr -El paud0
bus_io_addr    0x830 N/A False
bus_intr_level 10    N/A False
intr_priority  1     N/A False
cap_dma_level  7     N/A False
play_dma_level 6     N/A False
play_time      3     N/A True
cap_time       1     N/A True
request_buf    50    N/A True
lsattr -El ppa0
bus_io_addr 0x3bc Bus I/O address False
lsattr -El ent0
bus_intr_lvl  11      Bus interrupt level               True
intr_priority 3       Interrupt priority                False
xmt_que_size  64      TRANSMIT queue size               True
bus_mem_addr  0xe4000 Bus memory address                True
bus_io_addr   0x300   Bus I/O address                   True
media_type    tp      Media Type                        True
use_alt_addr  no      Enable ALTERNATE ETHERNET address True
alt_addr      0x      ALTERNATE ETHERNET address        True
lsattr -El mouse0
lsattr -El inet0
hostname      dudelove           Host Name                        True
gateway                          Gateway                          True
route         net,,0,192.168.1.1 Route                            True
bootup_option no                 Serial Optical Network Interface True
rout6                            FDDI Network Interface           True
authm         65536              Authentication Methods           True
lsattr -El en0
mtu       1500          Maximum IP Packet Size for This Device     True
remmtu    576           Maximum IP Packet Size for REMOTE Networks True
netaddr   192.168.1.16  Internet Address                           True
state     up            Current Interface Status                   True
arp       on            Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)          True
netmask   255.255.255.0 Subnet Mask                                True
security  none          Security Level                             True
authority               Authorized Users                           True
broadcast               Broadcast Address                          True
netaddr6                N/A                                        True
alias6                  N/A                                        True
prefixlen               N/A                                        True
alias4                  N/A                                        True
lsattr -El et0
mtu       1492 Maximum IP Packet Size for This Device     True
remmtu    576  Maximum IP Packet Size for REMOTE Networks True
netaddr        Internet Address                           True
state     down Current Interface Status                   True
arp       on   Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)          True
netmask        Subnet Mask                                True
security  none Security Level                             True
authority      Authorized Users                           True
broadcast      Broadcast Address                          True
netaddr6       N/A                                        True
alias6         N/A                                        True
prefixlen      N/A                                        True
alias4         N/A                                        True
lsattr -El lo0
netaddr   127.0.0.1 Internet Address                       True
state     up        Current Interface Status               True
netmask             Subnet Mask                            True
mtu       16896     Maximum IP Packet Size for This Device True
netaddr6  ::1       N/A                                    True
prefixlen           Subnet Mask                            True
lsattr -El pty0
ATTnum     256       Maximum number of Pseudo-Terminals     True
BSDnum     16        Maximum number of BSD Pseudo-Terminals True
autoconfig available STATE to be configured at boot time    True
csmap      sbcs      N/A                                    True
lsattr -El gxme0
lsattr -El rcm0
lsattr -El aio0
minservers 1       MINIMUM number of servers                True
maxservers 10      MAXIMUM number of servers                True
maxreqs    4096    Maximum number of REQUESTS               True
kprocprio  39      Server PRIORITY                          True
autoconfig defined STATE to be configured at system restart True
fastpath   enable  State of fast path                       True

> lsdev -C

sys0       Available 00-00        System Object
sysplanar0 Available 00-00        System Planar
bus0       Available 00-00        PCI Bus
bus1       Available 04-A0        ISA Bus
fda0       Available 01-B0        Standard I/O Diskette Adapter
sa0        Available 01-D0        Standard I/O Serial Port 1
sa1        Available 01-E0        Standard I/O Serial Port 2
sioka0     Available 01-F0        Keyboard Adapter
sioma0     Available 01-G0        Mouse Adapter
scsi0      Available 04-B0        Standard SCSI I/O Controller
gga0       Available 04-02        IBM Personal Computer Power Series S15 Graphics Adapter
hdisk0     Available 04-B0-00-1,0 Other SCSI Disk Drive
cd0        Available 04-B0-00-3,0 Multimedia CD-ROM Drive
mem0       Available 00-00        Memory
proc0      Available 00-00        Processor
L2cache0   Available 00-00        L2 Cache
fd0        Available 01-B0-00-00  Diskette Drive
kbd0       Available 01-F0-00-00  PS/2 keyboard
lvdd       Available              LVM Device Driver
lft0       Available              Low Function Terminal Subsystem
rootvg     Defined                Volume group
hd5        Defined                Logical volume
hd6        Defined                Logical volume
hd8        Defined                Logical volume
hd4        Defined                Logical volume
hd2        Defined                Logical volume
hd9var     Defined                Logical volume
hd3        Defined                Logical volume
hd1        Defined                Logical volume
paud0      Available 01-A0        Ultimedia Integrated Audio
ppa0       Available 01-C0        Standard I/O Parallel Port Adapter
ent0       Available 01-01        IBM ISA Ethernet Adapter
mouse0     Available 01-G0-00-00  3 button mouse
inet0      Available              Internet Network Extension
en0        Available              Standard Ethernet Network Interface
et0        Defined                IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Network Interface
lo0        Available              Loopback Network Interface
pty0       Available              Asynchronous Pseudo-Terminal
gxme0      Available              Graphics Data Transfer Assist Subsystem
rcm0       Available              Rendering Context Manager Subsystem
aio0       Defined                Asynchronous I/O

Charles Fultz
fultz