Subject: Re: Kernels, etc ?
To: Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
From: David Rankin <drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
List: port-prep
Date: 07/19/2000 12:13:11
On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 05:22:03PM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:

> Where abouts can one download boot floppies, etc ?

> My current workstation is a RS6000 43P-140 which I'd like to test out
> NetBSD booting on..

As CHRP boxes, the 43P-140 (and newer boxes, even the S80s!) have fully
working OpenFirmware implementations, unlike the 43P-133s and lower (and
F30s,Es, etc.) Since NetBSD/ofppc appears to be dead, I'd suggest
starting with NetBSD/macppc and going from there (netbooting a kernel
is probably your best bet).

David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   Email: drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us   Address/Phone Number: Ask me.