Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/powerpc/oea
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 06/25/2007 11:35:37
On 25-Jun-2007 Allen Briggs wrote:
> What are the plans for merging ppcoea-renovation?  I got the impression
> that it was to be a short-term branch, but it's been around for a little
> while now and it seems that it would be good get the work back in the
> mainline sooner rather than later.

It wasn't originally planned to go on quite this long, but we found a few other
things we wanted to get cleaned up/changed before we merged back.  Also,
the macppc portmaster has had some unexpected things come up, which have slowed
progress a bunch.  Some things can't really be planned around.  :)

> Could we maybe get a status update including what's left to be done
> (perhaps noting what others can help with) before merge?

It's just about ready for mergeback.  There are a few things left:

1) I want to get at least macppc and prep really well tested before I merge
back.  Significant changes were made in there.

2) It would be nice if we could get macppc switched over to the shared ofw pci
code, and get that all tested out.

3) New softintr pic code, in progress, still being debugged. Estimate by the
end of next week.

4) Fixing up bebox.  Progress is being made.  Should be done soon.

5) A few more things can be moved out of macppc/autoconf.c and into common
code.  It would be nice to get those moved out.

6) The ofb device in macppc should be moved out into either powerpc or MI dev.

7) any possible fixing or testing of ofppc.

Of the above.. anyone can help with 1, 2, 5, 6, 7.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/