Subject: New branch for powerpc
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 05/01/2007 01:10:06
I have created a new branch in src/sys/arch called "ppcoea-renovation".  This
is an open branch, that any developer can commit to.  Right now there isn't
much there, but I would like to use it for a few things:

1) The hackathon.  There will be alot of churn, and it might affect the tree
badly.  Having this take place on a branch will keep HEAD compiling and working
until we sort everything out.

2) There are a few larger projects a few of us have been planing for some of
the powerpc ports, and this branch is an excellent opportunity to get them all
in at once, and tested as a whole.

The branch is currently a work in progress, and is not guaranteed to compile at
this stage.  Once the bulk of the work is in place, we will concentrate on
stabilizng the tree, and then if it works out, merging.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/