Subject: Re: Freescale 7448 eval board
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/30/2006 14:33:48
The poweron message indicates U-Boot 1.1.2(Taiga_V2_r2) from Sep 8 2005

My understanding is that Freescale takes the current U-Boot and internally
(not available to people outside Freescale) modifies it to work on new
boards with the intention of eventually making the new code public.

At 11:21 AM 1/30/2006 -0800, Matt Thomas wrote:
>Steven Grunza wrote:
> > Hello,
> >   I have a Freescale 7448 eval board
> >
> (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MCEVALHPC2-7448&srch=1)
> > on loan for about a month.
> >
> >   If anyone is interested in providing some pointers or help I would
> > like to try to get NetBSD running on this board.  My actual job is to
> > evaluate the 7448 for a low power job; however, since I have the board I
> > would like to be able to run NetBSD on it.
>
>What firmware does it have?  It looks like the northbridge is a Tundra.
>I don't think we have support for that.
>
>--
>Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
>3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/
>Cupertino, CA              disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message.

"Unix is user friendly, it's just | Steven Grunza
particular about with whom it     | voice:  (856) 787 - 2759
makes friends."                   | fax:    (856) 866 - 2033
  - Unknown                        | mailto:steven_grunza@ieee.org